Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. Here we go. Me and a friend were talking about this and just dicking around. I dont have the money to do this but i was just curious and I would like some input.

So if you get a Ion Redline which is indeed the SC lsj motor and you buy a LNF turbo motor.

Question #1: Would the motor bolt up to the motor mounts? Saturn did the turbo LNF in the Sky Redline I know but it seems the Ion is alot different.

Question #2: I know it already has the 2.0 computer or whatever but would it need to be changed from the LSJ to LNF?

Question #3: Would the F35 out of the Redline bolt up to the LNF motor. Seeing the 08 and 09 SS's use the f35 I dont see why it wont...

Question #4: Would it be possible If you get the motor all swapped in to do the launch control and no lift shift?

Sorry if this isnt really a cobalt question but I was just curious and Im not one any other "ecotec forums"

Thanks

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Alright. Here we go. Me and a friend were talking about this and just dicking around. I dont have the money to do this but i was just curious and I would like some input.

So if you get a Ion Redline which is indeed the SC lsj motor and you buy a LNF turbo motor.

Question #1: Would the motor bolt up to the motor mounts? Saturn did the turbo LNF in the Sky Redline I know but it seems the Ion is alot different.
yes, or at least it should. but it would cost more money and time to buy an LNF just to put it in an SC when they have conversion kits.
Question #2: I know it already has the 2.0 computer or whatever but would it need to be changed from the LSJ to LNF?
it would need to have a major retune, yes
Question #3: Would the F35 out of the Redline bolt up to the LNF motor. Seeing the 08 and 09 SS's use the f35 I dont see why it wont...
don't quote me, but i believe so. the gear ratios might be somewhat different, but essentially the same bolt patterns
Question #4: Would it be possible If you get the motor all swapped in to do the launch control and no lift shift?
as said before, way too much time, money and effort
Sorry if this isnt really a cobalt question but I was just curious and Im not one any other "ecotec forums"

Thanks
bold.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
You would be better off using the LNF computer.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Possibly...most of it sounds like it'd all be LNF stuff though...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.