Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, what was the biggest compliment (or complaint) you've been given about your driving? It's been something I've been thinking about recently, and I think for me, it was when I got the keys to my mom's cousins Fiat Bravo diesel and told to go nuts on the Italian countryside in Pescara. As I was driving around beating his little car, he turned to me and said 'wow, you drive like an Italian!' It means alot to me because you have to be a certified nut to drive in Italy, as it's not uncommon to do things like overtake in oncoming lanes and to reverse on the highway. Anyways, that was mine, what's yours?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
with my wife - PASS THAT GUY, WHAT AN IDIOT.
with my mom - why do you drive so close to the yellow line?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Quote from Banker: "That was awesome!"

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
lol, compliment not complaint! That one has been hanging on your conscience for a while huh?!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i usually get compliments when i have fun with the suspension in turns.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My wife has the same mindset as you. I can do whatever I want as long as she is not in the car.
If she is with me, all I can do is 5 over, MAYBE 10 over without her complaining.

But... yano... If i do die she gets my 400K life insurance.. so maybe thats why.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I don't really get any compliments. lol
I'm a safe/slow driver with people in the car. I save fun driving for solo runs. If I'm going to die, I don't plan to take someone else with me. :)
THIS ^^ totally what i say

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I had the self control as you two have. Over the years I've done some pretty stupid things, and have completely desensitized my girlfriend to my driving style to the point where it'll take nothing short of some serious airtime to get her to tense up. She even encourages my auto vigilantism.

On a lighter note, I drove up the Trans-Can at 105 with my cat crouching on the dashboard watching the trees go by. She didn't seem to mind at all, and we both had a good laugh.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
best compliment ever?

"wow you drive so good heres some complimentary road head!"

yea...you know what im sayin! :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
I get u drive fast slow down or when I weave between people doin under the spead the grab the handle and get scared lol... I remember the day I got my lisence (I got my driving skill from my dad) and my step mom was in the passenger and buy the time I got to the stop sign she got out and got it the back she was like u drive just like ur father u guys scare te sh** out of me lol

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I get u drive fast slow down or when I weave between people doin under the spead the grab the handle and get scared lol... I remember the day I got my lisence (I got my driving skill from my dad) and my step mom was in the passenger and buy the time I got to the stop sign she got out and got it the back she was like u drive just like ur father u guys scare te sh** out of me lol
what

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My favorite compliment is "this is a standard?". I love that, after driving for a while then getting to like a stop light and they look down and they're so surprised.
Always a classic. I try to make a game out of it. See how long you can drive before they figure it out. My record is 45 minutes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.