Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched a video on YouTube about a guy whom put a Pontiac G-series engine in his late '90's(I think) Cavalier.

My question is this: I haven't looked up the specs yet? But I'm sure I can get a bigger engine in my '08 Cobalt, then I could in any Cavalier. Anyone know just how big of a V6 I can get in my '08?

This car is my toy, and I'm determined to get this car heads and shoulders above any Cavalier, Cobalt or Cruz. I do not care if I have to modify the hood or whatnot to accommodate such a V6.

Everything else is easy, it's just the engine I need answers to. 馃榿

Oh, and I plan to see what this car can do against my friends 2015 Camaro, that has base 420 HP. I'm not aiming for that much HP, but I am aiming to get this car up there so I can keep up or surpass his Camaro.

Say What again!
I mean, there was a Cobalt owner out there who did a full LS2/RWD swap out of a GTO into theirs...you can fit anything you want, provided you have the time, money, knowhow, money, tools, money and money! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: YourCobaltGod

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean, there was a Cobalt owner out there who did a full LS2/RWD swap out of a GTO into theirs...you can fit anything you want, provided you have the time, money, knowhow, money, tools, money and money! :ROFLMAO:
I have been very curious about trying to swap one of these cars over to rear wheel. In all honesty I don't think anyone would expect it. 馃ぃ

But to be fair? Those drag racing Cavaliers of the early 2000's? Make me wanna keep it front wheel, but I'm not opposed to crossbreeding. 馃槀

This guy on YouTube did a 6 cylinder out of a G-series Pontiac, and that engine bay was packed. He didn't specify what year, but judging off the headlights it was a late '90's.

My hope is to get a 6 cylinder in mine, and go all out. I just want to keep up with my friends 2015 Camaro when all is said and done.

And yes dude. I have the money and time to do such. I got tired off dishing out money for my kids Cavalier. I spent $3k on his car in 4 months, and I realized I needed to stop.

I'd rather have my "mid-life crisis" on my own shit. Though I'm not sure I'm there yet. I might be there when I spend $10-$13k on just the body of an '82 Firebird. 馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
When I was younger a neighbor stuffed a Big Block Chevy into a Datsun B210. He took off the entire front clip and then welded whatever mounts he needed to the bare body. I actually ran like a raped ape but was impossible to control.

Registered
Well , would you like to start with a little 472ci and build it up? I鈥檓 sure we could get it up to 500ci and then boost it. Do you think 1000hp it 1500hp would do. I bet you could get 2000hp for a few seconds.

Registered
What about a GM 3800 series V-6 engine? Plenty around, some came supercharged, and those are VERY strong. Might even match up to the current transmission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts