Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone has ever used the "bill me later" function on ebay and how it's worked out for them. After reading some reviews online, it doesn't seem like the best idea in the world, but it's no different from a credit card with insane APR. I'm not really considering it, it just peaked my curiosity.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I used it when I bought like 1k in parts and other stuff at one time. Interest free? Yes please. You just have to be careful because like any credit card it's easy to use.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Well that 'Merican thing has saved my butt once or twice so I'm cool with credit!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Because you dont have any credit I assume? I've been using credit cards since 2004. I pretty much only use them for the rewards. Buy everything I can on the card, pay it off by the end of the month. It's like using cash but I get a free plane ticket every year or two!

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

I also got my rental in OK free, $300 cash and pet supplies this year. lol

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know I can pay it off in six months. By "it" I mean a sweet deal on the wheels and tires I want. And I mean their the ones I want. Here is a link if you want to check them out. In my eyes, they are just perfect.

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Because you dont have any credit I assume? I've been using credit cards since 2004. I pretty much only use them for the rewards. Buy everything I can on the card, pay it off by the end of the month. It's like using cash but I get a free plane ticket every year or two!

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

I also got my rental in OK free, $300 cash and pet supplies this year. lol
no because bill me later isnt available in canada

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hate this when I get all anxious when I find something I really want. I mean my skin's been crawling for like a week and it will be until Tuesday just over my damn air intake lol.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Just wait until you spend $200 on some bushings then need to pay to have them installed. My car was on stands for 2 weeks, that was rough to look at every day!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bill me later is a great way to keep purchases quiet from the wife...lol!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Either straight credit cards, or prepaid ones. At least them you can dispite the credit card, and the pre paid you only lose x amount, or just load whatever you are going to spend. It costs like $5 extra to load it, but $5 compared to having everything stolen and the hassle of getting it back seems small to me. But i have horrible credit from idiocracy as an 18-23 yr old, and a bankruptcy to fix it. Lol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
imo if you don't have the money to buy it outright then you cant afford it right now. of course this view changes for big purchases like cars/houses.

it like putting a chocolate bar on your credit card just because you want it now.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
imo if you don't have the money to buy it outright then you cant afford it right now. of course this view changes for big purchases like cars/houses.

it like putting a chocolate bar on your credit card just because you want it now.
That's why I avoid using credit. Although, like Blackbalts said lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.