Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, i know about my grill, someone ran into
it apparently and left without saying anything.

but, i DID paint my bowties/badges last night, pretty stoked on them.

Left them on!

sanded them down, used krylon for plastics[5 or 6 coats],
and then clear coat[5 or 6 coats]. I think im going to debadge
the "LS" today. Fishing line and bug and tar remover will due, correct?

Havent washed the car in a few days, dont mind it. :toung:

·
Registered
186 Posts
dude that really looks good man !

·
Registered
610 Posts
looks great man! i cant wait to do mine. i was thinking about painting the "cobalt lt" black too. thats going a little tougher :/

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Looks good man! But WHY wouldn't you just take them off? especially the front one.. Takes less than a minute for the front. Its 2 10m bolts. Regardless.. Nice work!

·
Registered
610 Posts
dont know if your planning to or not, but id take them off to paint for sure.
but would def look good!
oh i'm definitely taking them off i do it. putting them back on will be a little tough. the thickness of the double sided tape might make it look weird.

·
Registered
78 Posts
im doing mine tomorrow ill post pics igot the stuff lastnight and the rest of it tonight im going with the locktite tape though.i still got to get goo gone tomorrow i have tet the rest of the tape off

·
Registered
610 Posts
wont a blow dryer and towel do the trick? thats what i did with my parking stickers on my rear window.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wont a blow dryer and towel do the trick? thats what i did with my parking stickers on my rear window.
I did end up taking the "LS" off, and leaving the cobalt.

Just heated the LS and fishing-lined it off, then just grab the double sided tape off. Used tar and bug remover for the excess stickyness. Good as new.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey gCobalt, have you thought about taking your door bumpers off? it would give your car a sleeker look IMO. i did the same thing to my gf's car, and it made a world of difference!
nice sig btw!:bigsmile:
i have thought about that actually.

if anyone has a red cobalt with the door bumpers off, can you PLEASE post a picture of it.

scagnetti, it would be the same as debadging correct? fishing line, and bug and tar remover?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
i have thought about that actually.

if anyone has a red cobalt with the door bumpers off, can you PLEASE post a picture of it.

scagnetti, it would be the same as debadging correct? fishing line, and bug and tar remover?
yup exactly the same. but easier actually, you will have something to hold onto.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, thanks i might do that.
i really would like to see a RED cobalt de-trimmed, and completely debadged in the rear.

Ive debadged the LS, and sprayed the bowties down in black.

Do you think itd look better completely debadged? i was thinking about taking off the CO in COBALT. Having it just say BALT. Idk. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you already know my opinion. :bigsmile:
looking forward to seeing the finished product, whatever it may be!

Indeed. Im at work and dont have a hair dryer, will i still be able to fish the CO from COBALT off? and then use bug and tar remover? or should i wait and heat it?

[im going to wait on detrimming sides for today.]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.