Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey has anyone put on the black cat custom gauges...i was just owndering how hard it was n if u had any trouble getting the gauges to funciton properly after u took em off

·
Registered
142 Posts
These would be so worth the $35 if i knew how to solder well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea that what my point what the hell does as is mean lol i was just asking if they had them how hard the install is haha and especially the recalibration

·
Registered
142 Posts
well "as is" pretty much means that you can't blame them if you burn a hole through your board and fry your whole gauge lol. the parts that blackcat supplies you are good, its just your lack of skill that can F*** things up. but my uncle got this kit for his F-150 and it only took him 10mins to do it but he does that stuff for a living. plus i think it voids your warrenty.

·
Registered
79 Posts
not hard at all...u just unscrew like four screw and the gauge window thing pops right out and theyn just mark where the needles lay ,....pop the needles off and swap...thats its..rele

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got ya now thats the kinda info i was looking for haha yea my warrant went out the window a long time ago so i aint worried about that hahahaha yea the soldering tho doesnt have to be done may just get silver back with blue numbering n keep stock white lights behind because they will show blue because thast what color the lettering will be

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
2 ways you can go about doing it:

1. you can go full bore and change the LEDs behind the cluster face, hoping it will work, and kicking yourself if it didnt.

2. You could just get the face covers, throw a little coloured window tint(the bigger the number, the better) on the face to begin with, then the face over top. Simple, quick, easy, and done in a heartbeat.

Take your pic

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea but it would already be blue if i got the one w/ blue numbering so i wouldnt have to get colored tint

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
yea but it would already be blue if i got the one w/ blue numbering so i wouldnt have to get colored tint
some dont, i like the white faces, yet i want a blue look for the glow, thus my using the tint(white faces come usually with clear background lights)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.