Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new to posting on forums so please bear with me...

I am doing a black interior swap in my Cobalt LS with manual windows, locks and mirrors and I'm wondering if it's at all possible to buy black door panels that would fit without modification. I've tried calling the dealerships but they aren't any help since they need a VIN to part match and my VIN just tells them I have a gray interior.

If anyone is kind enough to give me some part numbers, VIN numbers or any help in general I would be extremely grateful. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yea good luck. Those are the hot item for cobalts. Junkyards mainly is where you're going to have to search for them. Other than that you might have to paint them yourself.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would rather not paint them myself since I'm a real painting noob and I can sometimes find them on ebay but they don't have any with the window crank cut out and the hole in the armrests is cut to big (for the extra controls I don't have).

·
Registered
911 Posts
have u tried to google the part number for them? Its worth a try, should be somewhere on the internet

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would rather not paint them myself since I'm a real painting noob and I can sometimes find them on ebay but they don't have any with the window crank cut out and the hole in the armrests is cut to big (for the extra controls I don't have).
painting is realy easy, if you get the right stuff. i did my panels on my old balt. duplicolor has paint made for plastics, youll need addhesion promoter as well as some scuff pads, also need degreaser to clean the part before you paint it after that read the back of the can on how far you need to be from the panel and take nice even movment strokes will come out great

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys but I really didn't want to paint them myself. I've tried googling (is that how you spell it? lol) the VIN number but nothing comes up for my car. One thing I might try is going on GMPartsDirect and when you look under their catalog click Doors, Interior Trim, than something like Base LS Sport W/O enhanced audio it says coupe Ebony door trim panels for about $140 but I can't confirm with their customer service if these will be a direct fit since I need the VIN to a Cobalt that came with those stock. :sad:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks guys but I think I'm just going to get SS panels, cut a hole for the crank, delete the tweeters, remove the switches and fill in the holes, than carbon fiber wrap the switchplates since thats kind of the theme inside my car. I just need to figure out a way to fill in the switchplates so they are flush.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
so are these g5 door panels black and have manual windows and locks??
also if you took say a LT door panel would the LS insert fit and all your have to do is drill out the door crank? i really want black interior but the door panels is stopping me.
i REFUSE to paint my door panels. id loveee the SS ones with red inserts but i dont have power locks.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
how am i guna send my door panels to aslyum bro?
i really want to. only thing i can think of is buy new panels off ebay n ship to them

what would they do to them?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So... I realized today that the armrests on the black door panels are longer which means even if I cut a hole for the window crank I doubt it will be any good because it doesn't look like there will be any room to turn the crank. I really don't want to paint my old panels and I don't know if I want to upholster them. Does anyone know if it works adding window cranks to a black SS panel or if there is anyway to get it to work?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.