Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting stock headlights but with the black background, but i already have HIDS and want to make sure they will still work with the stock but different light housing.. can anyone help me out and also does anyone now where i can get them but with the chrome blinker light reflector for the blinker like how the head light is, because i want to tint the lens blue but don't want the orange blinker plastic, think it will look odd if its orange, so opinions are appreciate.. so ill have my 10k HIDS with the black housing and blue tinted lens.. what do you think?:thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
If they are the actual stock headlights painted black, yes your lights will fit. If theyre projectors, no they will not. As for the lens If I understand what youre asking the newer models do not have the orange lens over the blinker but they all have the orange over the little light between them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know where I can get new headlight housings with the black background and the non orange reflector behind the blinker bulb, but the other orange part I knew about, just dont want the orange behind the blinker bulb

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Mike on here sells black retrofits. They look like they're pretty nice. I'm sure they could do something about the signal too. You're not running HID's with open reflectors, right? HID's should only be used in projectors for the safety of other drivers.

·
Registered
985 Posts
^ or just aim the lights downward a bit.
My HIDs are in painted stock housing and after getting flashed the very first night with the HIDs, I adjusted the angle to shoot downward more. Been several months and havent been flashed since.

OP: Theres a TON of places that sell what youre looking for. Search for 2007 or later OEM black housing headlights

·
Registered
563 Posts
how do HIDS look with black headlights? I bought some black anzo headlights and never ended up installing them

·
Registered
985 Posts
look in my showoff, I have a few in there, granted when the lights are on its typically dark out and you cant see whether the housing is blacked out or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.