Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Slight bleeding on the '4', otherwise, i like it

I also set the temperature dot to change color with the outer temperature
(slight bleed from the blue also, but not as bad as the pics show it)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this one of yours?

Any images of the inside?
yeah I've done 2 blue and this one now.
I'm in the middle of a PCB design to make an overlay of the actual board, put mine on top and have a more or less the same thing but no bleeding. gunna do the same for the speedo cluster in a "fire" theme

no images on the inside, but Ill snap some next time I have the dash appart...so prob tomorrow :laugh:

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Well done. I've always wanted to do this but didn't completely like the results partly becuase of the cold to hot gauge was a solid color. Now you solved that problem and I want to do it again!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well done. I've always wanted to do this but didn't completely like the results partly because of the cold to hot gauge was a solid color. Now you solved that problem and I want to do it again!
you can kind of see how its done from the pic, but I used 3 led's on each of the sections and snipped a chunk of the plastic out and partitioned it with black electrical tape.

ah screw it...im bored, I'll take it apart and take a pic.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Yellow = LED
Green = cuts in plastic

plugged in (didnt even know the 3 LEDs illuminating the 'heat' section were gone....shit..)

Also, the AC, defrost, and recirc are soldered to the OEM board, just swapped the orange ones out.

Temp side close up

Also fixed my speedo cluster and added the red LED to the high RPM section
(no its not that bright, pictures always end up making bright sections for some reason)

And just for shitsngiggles, the nasty mess behind my deck lol

·
Registered
924 Posts
So are you creating your PCB on the stock plastic light spreader then?

I had this exact idea, I was thinking there would be Zero Bleeding issues, I like the look of this, I will be doing this soon as my stock bulbs blew out.

About the front part, its tinted, I simply peel the tint?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So are you creating your PCB on the stock plastic light spreader then?

I had this exact idea, I was thinking there would be Zero Bleeding issues, I like the look of this, I will be doing this soon as my stock bulbs blew out.

About the front part, its tinted, I simply peel the tint?

The bulbs are really close to the face plate so no need to peel anything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.