Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i would keep all of you up to date on what im doing so i just finished paint all the trim peaces in my car black and they match perfectly. ill post some pic in the morning when its not dark so you can see. all i have left to do is the door panels an then im done and then the hunt for black seats begins.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i was thinkin of doin mine but im not sure if i should.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
diffently a must do it looks amazing you couldn't tell that i painted them the look exactly like the ebony oem ones. as long as you use flat black you will be fine it is worth it rather then spending a s**t load of money on gm parts or waiting around for peices at a junk yard. only 2.50 a can and 2 cans did everything but the door panels and the seat trim peices.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I'd like to see how this turned out...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill have pictures tomorrow i was out at a water park and got back to late to take pics

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
It's gonna scratch...just sayin.

I painted some of my panels..Needless to say...they are in the garbage right now.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah lol reason why i didnt paint mine. i constanly push my door panel with my foot alll the time. i dont think ill ever have black panels. i can buy them all but the door panels and insert is stopping me seats too

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I know just cant stand that tan color i put a flat clear coat over it I really don't abuse the door and panels that much. so far so good i'm trying o find local junk yard where i can get stuff but its hard finding a junk yard by me. a little off topic here but what is the highest you would pay for ss recaro front and rear seats?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
lol yea there are like no junkyards around here either. even if there were i couldnt get LT or SS panels bc i dont have power locks or windows.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
albany

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yea i mean i wouldnt paint my kick panels at all because those alone are already filthy after i cleaned them in may. if i was actually going to do it i would buy every single panel ebony. glove box the piece under the steering wheel both kick panels the and the 4 pieces in the back. than id just paint my door panels and figure out something to do with the door insert. but im not going to go that route because if the paint started to chip i would just get pissed off with it. also its hard to find ebony seats around here too so thats another reason y im not doing it i really wish i had power locks or they made black panels with black inserts for doors with crank windows.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
theyll get scratched...no matter what, a seatbelt rubbing will do it...i did my entire interior...i had the car down to the bone inside...painted it up, and it still looks good but it is clear coated to all hell....

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Yea I painted mine with flat black duplicolot paint, and used a satin clear. Looked great for the longest time till I got my car back from the body shop and they were scratched to shit. :notrust:eek:h well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.