Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
They prolly put that there because they knew the window tint would not stick to the black dots. I wish the company that did mine had put one on. You can see where mine does not stick at the top.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They prolly put that there because they knew the window tint would not stick to the black dots. I wish the company that did mine had put one on. You can see where mine does not stick at the top.
ahhhh i see..well, i guess ill leave it on.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I keep hearing about these black dots and tint not stickin.... I dont have any issues and I have full coverage on the rear.... Is that strip on the outside?

·
Registered
86 Posts
yeah most places will vinyl over the dots... but to do it on the outside is GHETTO.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I had mine tinted 2 years ago, I haven't had a prob, and I don't have the strip on mine

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
well it proly is there bc ur window tint place didnt even feel like tinting the dots at all and prolly stoped the tint right before them. than put the vinyl on the outside to cover the non tinted spot.they should of done the same but put the vinyl on the inside.
it woulda looked cleaner.
if it was me i woud razor blade all that shit off and go to a tint shop and tell them to put vinyl on the inside.
or if your good enough diy.it will look alot cleaner than it on the outside

·
Registered
680 Posts
I wish the guys that did mine had done this...
I don't like the dots!

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

well it proly is there bc ur window tint place didnt even feel like tinting the dots at all and prolly stoped the tint right before them. than put the vinyl on the outside to cover the non tinted spot.they should of done the same but put the vinyl on the inside.
it woulda looked cleaner.
if it was me i woud razor blade all that shit off and go to a tint shop and tell them to put vinyl on the inside.
or if your good enough diy.it will look alot cleaner than it on the outside
I have only seen the vinyl installed on the outside. If it was installed on the inside, wouldn't the dots still be visible since the vinyl would just be laying on top of them?
I could be wrong but I was just thinking about it and I have never seen any vinyl on the inside...or either I just haven't noticed lol :)

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Got mine done October 2006 and have had no problems with the tint sticking to the painted areas (dots) on the window.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
hahaha that is ghetto that they put it on the outside man.

The place that did my tint just tinted the dot matrix but it doesn't look all that perfect. It has a lifetime warranty so I'm thinking about calling them up and telling them I want vinyl on the INSIDE of my window up there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had a problem with the tint not sticking to the dot matrix and leaving air bubbles, so the tint shop cut the tint and painted the dots with a flat black acrylic paint.

·
Registered
318 Posts
most places sand down the dot matrix so that the tint will stick better. I've never seen that strip on the outside before

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Any way to totally get rid of the dots without screwing things up? OTOH, it kinda looks like the black crap around the inside of the window covers up the ends of the defroster element...might be a supreme fail to start scrapin'...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i have it on the outside sorta like that.. only thing different is that it goes all the way to the end of the window.. i dont care that they did it, the vinyl is very high quality so no complaints from me about it.

it looks better than the dot matrix not sticking & looking right and stuff imo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.