Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought Car used in December of 2009. Three weeks after I bought it found out the car had a bad piston ring....so I ended up doing a full motor swap since the car had 76k miles on it. Did the swap in my in-laws garage. All we had was an engine hoist, set of ramps, and air compressor to air tools. Helps when one of your close friends is a certified mechanic that is in between jobs and had alot of free time. Finished the Swap in March 2010 and everything has been pretty good since then. The swapped in engine only had 16k miles on it when I put it in.....now it has like 24k.....

MORE PICS ON PAGE 2 and updated some pics on this page.

When I bought it:

Current Mods:

Exterior:
Black Chrome Batsignal decals above SS on doors
Black SS Emblems
Removed GM fender emblems
Black front Bowtie
Blacked out 3rd brake light and sidemarkers
Shorty Antenna
Removed Pinstripe
Taillight covers
Removed High Rise wing
4th Gen Black Housing Projectors
Black SS/SC wheels with Red Calipers
R1Concepts slotted rotors and ceramic pads

Interior:
Hurst STS
Interior Trim painted black including Radio Faceplate, door switches, and bowtie on steering wheel
Black HVAC
AeroForce SS serie interceptor

Suspension:
Koni Adjustables
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
DC Sports Strut Bar

Wheels and Tires:
Stock SS/SC wheels painted Black with Conti SportContact2 225/40/18

Under the Hood:
Fujita CAI
60lb Injectors
2.8" Pulley
Shortened Belt
Option B
Vibrant Header and Downpipe w/ High Flow Cat
Corsa Catback
TTR Solid motor mount and LNF Trans Mounts
Black Valve cover and silver flaked spark plug cover
Dual Pass Endplate
Cobra Front Mount Heat Exchanger
HPTuners Custom Tune
Custom Silver Flaked Fuse Box with Dark Knight Imax Logo

As she sits now:

Some interior pics:

Along the way

Valve cover and spark plug cover

Some pics from the swap:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The swap was done back in March....sorry....should have said that......bad piston ring

·
Registered
547 Posts
Nice looking ride.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Did a couple custom items in the last couple weeks. Added a Black Chrome Batman emblem above my SS's on the doors and a custom look for my fuse box cover. Painted my bowties on my center caps black. Picked up a Cobra Heat exchanger to install later and got tuned with HPT.

·
Registered
611 Posts
looks nice. What did you run at the track?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't ran a "real" run. I ran a 15.3 prob only pushing like 80%. I ran it just 1 month after the swap and needed to get it tuned again. I also found out recently my ic pump hasn't been working for 4 months. If I get a chance I wanna run it again before the track closes up here. It is just so expensive. Every year during the first 2 weekends you get to race for free!

·
Registered
611 Posts
ohh... I'm going september 25th hoping for 13s but i don't know. I'm scared i'm gonna break an axle on drag radials...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should be running low 13's with the set up I have now. The tires I have are not very good. They are all seasons and don't grip very well at the track. I'm planning on some new rims/better tires with my taxes next year and hoping for some 13's during opening weekend at the track.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

My new bowties. Goes with the theme. Next will be my vanity plate.

Vanity plate coming soon!

And some pics with my neighbor's blacked out STi

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Love the theme, and the plate will be cool too. Will the letters on it be red like the pic?
Yeah they will be red. Should be ordering th plates later this month.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Other than Abe's head back there they Look identical to the Gotham City plates from the recent Batman movies since like 80% of Dark Knight was filmed in chicago they used the overall illinois design.

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
Nice looking car!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some updated pics.....took the wing off. Wrecked the car in August so lost the bat symbol on front bumper but got front end repainted. Installed my Cobra Heat Exchanger finally....looks very stealthy with the black h/e and I left the lower grill in. I also painted my stock SC wheels black.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.