Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did not find anything relative to what I am trying to do so I figured I would start a new thread. I know that most of the owners here are just painting their interior panels and thats fine, if thats your goal. I however, am looking to do something different. I have stripped the paint off my door handles on the interior and like that black. Its factory and matches perfectly. However, as for the dash trim, once I stripped the paint off, I found out it was silver. CRAP! I am trying to match it to the black around the vents. I also know that on some of the entry level cobalts, they had black interior trim. I would be more than happy to swap with someone who has this and my trim pieces are more than ready for painting. I will even pay shipping both ways! I know I can do something crazy with all the colors of the rainbow but 100% black is what I am going for. Below you will see pics of how the car is today, and what I have done so far.

All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
they should be able to do it

for example i took a small bottle of touch up paint to a auto paint store and asked them to match it (the paint was matched to my VIN) and they did it and put it in a rattle can.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decided on a product, supposed to meet the goals I have planned. Not sure if anyone has done this yet and I like being a trendsetter. Went with Krylon Camouflage paint. No gloss whatsoever! About as flat as paris hilton! lol

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Yea cause black is black, it is just a decision of gloss, flat or satin. I have a LS as base a possible except for the auto transmission and my interior was all the gray/tan mix. I am working now to change the color.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
post pics of your interior, if you dont mind. I checked your showoff thread and didnt see any.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
631am, finished! It looks good, however, not quite as dark as I thought it would be. May end up going to a glossy black after all. I will have pics posted later today when I get access to a camera. Its not that it looks bad, its just not quite what I was going for. Panels have more of a gray appearance than actual black. And while I did use 3 coats, the overall look is unchanged.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
The door panels are dirty in this pic. (I work in a body shop), and my seat covers came out pink for some reason.

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

631am, finished! It looks good, however, not quite as dark as I thought it would be. May end up going to a glossy black after all. I will have pics posted later today when I get access to a camera. Its not that it looks bad, its just not quite what I was going for. Panels have more of a gray appearance than actual black. And while I did use 3 coats, the overall look is unchanged.
You'll regret that it will be to shiny.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
certainly dont want that. And as far as I know, or have found, I think I am the only one to use flat black on the trim panels. If anyone can find pics of other owners who have used black, post the pics!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got comparison pics finally. On the left is stock, on the right is how it looks now. Like all the pics I post, click the image to view it bigger.

Input?!?!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's actually easy. Just strip the old paint off, then spray the new paint on. Took me a total of 20 minutes, once I had all the parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.