Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacked Out

9K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  chevylvr 
#1 ·
hey everyone. i just painted the chevy sign on the front of my cobalt black today. since my car is silver and i have black rims, black headlights, black chevy sign, soon to be black tinted tail lights, do you think that my car would look better without the trunk emblems or with the trunk emblems blacked out like the chevy sign on the front. i cant decide what would look better to me. i know it would take a lot of time to black out the rear chevy sign and "cobalt lt" emblems but i think if it looks good it would be worth it.

#5 ·
My personal taste is blackout the emblem in the back too. It'll look stock but different and I dig it. But I also see the appeal in the shaved look. But personally if your car is silver it'll prolly look better shaved.

#6 ·
I also have a silver balt (mines a coupe) I took the rear bowtie off as well as 'ls' and the dealer stickers first thing when I got the car. All that's left is 'cobalt'. IMO it looks waaaay cleaner.

#10 ·
I used Krylon Fusion for mine.

#12 ·
I just went to the nearest auto part store and got dupli-color engine enamel, since i planned on painting my rims with it anyway. the directions say to scuff it with a red scotch brite but i used grey to minimize the scratches. It turned out better than I thought it would.

#17 · (Edited)
I have an idea on what to do with the emblems on the trunk of my balt but not sure when i will put it into action. I love the idea of taking everything off except the cobalt emblem and im going to paint it black to match the paint scheme of my car. will post pictures when i finally get it completed. Anyone know where I can get any aftermarket front bumpers? Mine is stock and I'm getting tired of it. I saw some that I really liked but couldn't find them online. Any suggestions? here's how the front of my car looks minus the black chevy sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.