Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
epic man you change youre username after all.

keep your head up man, my car is nothing special at all.

smh, not even close to being close.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its probably better then mine...not saying i don't love my car i always liked my car its my first car it reminded me of the transformers movie when i first got my car how i was looking at used cars n this car just pulled in and i knew right away i wanted that car. Some people say that the person pics the car but not this time the car picked the driver(me)..I'm just saying if you look at some of the cobalt's to mine its like a Honda compared to a Lamborghini..

·
Registered
803 Posts
well lets see.. compared to your sig, you right now have more mods done than me. I have a SRI and close close to having everything i need for my sound system. It just gives us something to look forward to and knowing that you can have the proverbial Lamborghini sounds pretty good to me doesn't it. I love my car, and its only a LS. I don't have the need for speed like alot of you guys on here. SO many options (well at least i think so cuz im so new to cars) out there that I will be consumed for quite some time making my car the way I want it to be. Just gives you something to look forward to. Endofholywalloftext.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol no i only used that caparison for a example i personally hate Lamborghini's lol but see i barley have any mods lol i have a CAI n halos n underglow i only detailed my car just to make it sound cool like the rest of some of these people on here..I'm not looking for speed like i was when i first started driving i was a lead foot but now I'm not as bad i like style more then performance I've always loved cars but never really worked on em i put my underglow in halos in n CAI in but that's it..

·
Registered
675 Posts
ha man no ones balt is better than anyone else's, everyone has their own taste and some can mod faster than others. that doesnt make theirs any better than mine, or yours. it gives you something to do and work at

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The forum name says it all. YourCobalt. Here it is all about your Cobalt. If you need help we are here for ya.

·
Registered
675 Posts
The forum name says it all. YourCobalt. Here it is all about your Cobalt. If you need help we are here for ya.
^Agreed

·
Registered
423 Posts
xSECUREDBALTx I felt the same way when I first started browsing thru here, but now I realize that everybody was where we are now at one point. Well hell, you're even farther then me. All i got is 2 subwoofers and an amp lol. But seeing all these nice balts gets me even more stoked about when my balt will be good. Also, everybody I've spoken to on here only tried helping me. Everybody's gotta be a newbie at one point!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Why does this thread exist? Trust me, its probably in your best interest that you haven't spent thousands of dollars on your car like some of us have
thinking he said its pointless because the website's not for bragging rights but more for seeing the possibilities of our car and help the ones just starting out or even the ones who've been doin it for a while and are stuck. ya know?

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
This website is a home made shop and think of the senior knowledgeable guys as the mechanics who aren't trying to kill your wallet. I'm mostly still on this site to instruct and recommend instead of for my own bragging rights. Hell yea I like it when people compliment my car but I enjoy making people more aware of what they're dealing with

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
This website is a home made shop and think of the senior knowledgeable guys as the mechanics who aren't trying to kill your wallet. I'm mostly still on this site to instruct and recommend instead of for my own bragging rights. Hell yea I like it when people compliment my car but I enjoy making people more aware of what they're dealing with
I've learned over time its sometimes better to let people make mistakes

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Some important things to keep in mind I've learned...

- Just don't half ass it...99.9% of the time ;)

- Do it right the first time or don't do it at all...yes, hypocritcal.

- Take your time; only throw a wrench if you aren't drinking.

- Always remember what you put into a car only hurts it's retail value unless you are selling it in a market that apppricates modded stuff. 95% of the world doesn't care about your intake, wheels, tint, exhaust...no matter how much it helped the MPG's or ride quality.

- Cheap, fast, or reliable...you can only have two of the three...it's the golden rule.

- Lastly, you gotta start somewhere being a car guy. We'll only judge you if you post something goofy :) There are only stupid answers, not stupid questions..hurrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
583 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree with mostly everything blugtp91 said, we all started (at least most of us) from 0 a unmoded car and we didn't went to bed and next day it was all fixed up and we knew everything about it.....give it time and eventually people will be looking for you to help them out, most important as I believe is, be willing to help As you will 90% of the time need help from someone else!....

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I had an Iron duke Buick Century rated at what...92 crank horsepower?

Try modding that.

Fiero parts for moar power wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.