Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the evening of 10/2/2010 I smelled a funky odor in my car so I decided to give my interior a shot of Febreeze as I sometimes do. I grabbed a bottle of Febreeze from the kitchen, but the bottle didnt work. So I checked the bathroom and found a bottle of febreeze....or so I thought. I started to spray the drivers side carpet and suddenly I got the smell of bleach. It turns out my mothers home health aide had filled this bottle of Febreeze with bleach and DID NOT label it. The first two photos are of the bleach damaged carpet and floor matt, the second two are the undamaged passenger side for comparison.

The cost to replace the carpet and floor matts (you must buy all four) installed, $856.00. Fortunately the home health agency IS footing the bill.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Ouch!

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

It's a lot easier to use.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
damn that sucks

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If someone else is flipping the bill, who cares. It suckes though, the damage and the fact that you will be without your car for the length of the repair. You can also turn the company into OSHA, as it is against the law to put ANY chemical into another container and not label the new container, and that employees should have known this fact.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
If someone else is flipping the bill, who cares. It suckes though, the damage and the fact that you will be without your car for the length of the repair. You can also turn the company into OSHA, as it is against the law to put ANY chemical into another container and not label the new container, and that employees should have known this fact.
Yeah I was gonna say get some carpet dye but who cares if they are paying the bill. woohoo new carpet!!!!!! and yeah that is a huge no no to not label a bottle. that's probably why they are gonna pay the bill so they don't get in trouble with OSHA HAHAHA

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yeah I was gonna say get some carpet dye but who cares if they are paying the bill. woohoo new carpet!!!!!! and yeah that is a huge no no to not label a bottle. that's probably why they are gonna pay the bill so they don't get in trouble with OSHA HAHAHA
this

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well all, I did want to flip out. I am surprised I was so good about it. The check from the agency just cleared. Since they are paying for it, I am going to replace the carpet and floor matts. All I have to do is call Chevy to order the parts. Its supposed to take three hours. Not sure if I am going to hang out at the dealer or call a friend to pick me up from the dealer and hang out for awhile,

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Wow seriously who does that? But good thing you're getting compensated.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.