Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 LS has a soft brake pedal. I've bled them 3 times myself but still have air in the system leading to a soft pedal. I've been working on my own cars for 30 years so I know I'm doing everything correctly, is there some secret "Cobalt" trick I should know about?

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
I haven't bled the brakes on my Cobalt (though they desperately need new fluid), but on the Cav, it was pretty simple to do. But I bought speed bleeders, and those worked wonders.

With the Cobalt it should be pretty simple - RR then LR, then RF, then LF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't bled the brakes on my Cobalt (though they desperately need new fluid), but on the Cav, it was pretty simple to do. But I bought speed bleeders, and those worked wonders.

With the Cobalt it should be pretty simple - RR then LR, then RF, then LF.
Speed Bleeders? Never heard such a device.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I prefer gravity bleed on non ABS cars, just make sure you follow MP81's sequence and make sure you don't run out of fluid in the reservoir and you should be good.

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
Speed Bleeders? Never heard such a device.
They replace the bleeder screw, with one that has a check valve in it. So it can't suck air back into the system.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Or you could get a power bleeder which uses a tank full of brake fluid and a bladder that keep pressure on it. Open the bleeder and let fluid come out until it's new and clean. Done!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or you could get a power bleeder which uses a tank full of brake fluid and a bladder that keep pressure on it. Open the bleeder and let fluid come out until it's new and clean. Done!
Yeah, that would be ideal but I don't have such devise or can afford such devise. Building one couldn't be that difficult could it?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
You'd really only have to pressurize the master cylinder and open the bleeder. Just make sure it doesn't run empty.

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
Yeah, that would be ideal but I don't have such devise or can afford such devise. Building one couldn't be that difficult could it?
A friend of mine has one he made out of a fertilizer sprayer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.