Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am about to tackle this clicking in the dash. I went ahead and bought a new actuator. So has anyone have any pointers on how to do this? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Do you mean the fresh air blend door? If yes, you have to take the whole dash out I mean all of it to access the fresh air actuator. I just disabled it, never used it in 5 years I had the car anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well me and my son tried to get to the actuator and with taking out the dash.... I don't recommend it... We opted to just unplugging it for now....

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Told you it was almost impossible. I just pulled the pin out of the connector at the back of the HVAC control module.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just pulled the pin out of the connector at the back of the HVAC control module.
Where is this connector? I'm going nuts with this clicking noise upon startup and don't want to pay a dealership just to unplug something if I can locate the right thing to unplug myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for HVAC for 2009 Cobalt LT? Or know exactly which wire to pull out of the connector for this problem? Thought this would be easy, but can't seem to find a wiring diagram anywhere for this, and dealership wants $100 to "diagnose" the problem when I already told them what the problem is and just want to know what color wire to pull.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

Pin 5

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if this is related. I did see a guy on youtube...somewhere on the front passenger side underneath.. he just snipped a certain wire to solve a similar problem. I can look for the link later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From underneath the passenger side glove box there is a wire going up near the fender. Hard to get to but I unhooked the wire from the actuator.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.