Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've finally received my replacement light, and I went ahead and installed and did final aiming on them last night. I cannot begin to explain the difference in these over the stock nasty lens covered stockers. I can finally see, and damn the brights are bright. I don't have any upgraded bulbs in there yet, as I don't have any more money till three weeks out. So these are just with the stock bulbs they give you.

Now on to the pictars!

Here you will notice Nasty lens vs New stuff

Blinded by the Lights

I will get more pictures during the day on Friday when the storms are gone and we have sunlight again. Lemme know what you think of them.
Oh, still deciding on what to do with the DRL, so far I still have the fuse pulled.

·
Registered
373 Posts
good luck... I'm just now switching back to my stockers after 2 years or so w/ the first generation projectors... The stock lenses are SOOOO much better than the aftermarket lenses that are on these.

Again, good luck.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good luck... I'm just now switching back to my stockers after 2 years or so w/ the first generation projectors... The stock lenses are SOOOO much better than the aftermarket lenses that are on these.

Again, good luck.
I'll take pictures of my stock lenses and then you tell me good luck. After one year mine looked like crap and it was out of the bumper to bumper warranty!

I bought them from K2 Motor. They are pretty good on shipping and service. and these lenses look like they are worlds better than stock. at least on mine, and my light output... I can see on wet roads now, before all I could see was the reflectors not the road!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eventually I will, but for now, the light output is amazing over stock. My lenses on the stockers were so cracked, pitted, and faded it was ridiculous, and it wasn't surface where I could use the 3m cleaner stuff, it was in the plastic itself, so no amount of sanding and polishing was cutting it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Stock lenses will last far longer than any aftermarket ones will, unless you take the lenses from your stockers, and put them on your aftermarket lights...just sayin, after 8 months my gen 2's went to shit...im on painted stockers now.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it has to do with where you drive, and what conditions the roads are in... I did 90% of my driving the first three years of ownership in the blazing hot sun, so hot plastic lens then a whole lot of debris from dirt roads and bad road just lead to crap lens on the originals... If you guys really want me to sell them I have to warn you, the lenses are shot, there is no saving them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.