Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 chevy cobalt when I use my blinker it comes on but after I've turned tou can hear it shut off but it keeps blinking....any ideas??

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Sound like the multi function switch is not functioning properly. does the bliker eventually go off?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No you can hear it click as if it went off. But you have to physically teach and turn it off I've had someone tell me tbe switch itself is bad but it's also the dimmer switch and it works. I've also heard theres a small spring at tbe bottom of the switch and it prob is worn I've even consider the flashers

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
pretty sure inly to fix it is to replace the switch. I've replaced mine twice. it seems to always develop a small crack at the section near the pivot ball

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
pretty sure inly to fix it is to replace the switch. I've replaced mine twice. it seems to always develop a small crack at the

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just about every customer that has come in with a Cobalt or Malibu of this era has a f’ed up multifunction switch. Either they are breaking or broken and being held with tape, or the internal switch mechanism is screwed up. It was on my car when I got it. Replaced it and no problems since, went with a switch made by Standard Motor Products (SMP) CBS1202, was about $42 when I bought it last year.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I think I picked up mine form amazon pretty cheap and OEM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts