Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Winnipeg, Canada & purchased a 2010 Cobalt LT in spring. I have looked everywhere for a block heater cord with no luck. Does anyone know where I should look for this I thought here in Canada all vehicles came with block heaters. Does anybody know here in Canada if they come with block heaters or is that an extra option.
Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
My 2006 pontiac pursuit that i purchased used in 2007 has a block heater and the cord is behind the passenger side headlight.
I know that with most car manufacturers, a block heater is an option so it is possible yours does not have one.
If its as cold in ' Winterpeg' as it is in Ottawa then I know your car is hurting right now! Good luck

·
Registered
172 Posts
talk with gm rep here on site. give her your vin she will tell you if your car came with one

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Block Heater

Thanks for the info but sorry I am new to this site & don't know how to contact GM Rep. How do I contact?
My VIN is1G1AD5F5XA7219977

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
go to home page hit search punch in chevcustomerservice look for that on page that comes up click on it contact them.or they might see this and chime in!

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

by the way, my ss never was equiped with block heater so i bought a 125 watt wolverine thermostat controlled one from gregg distributers for 130$ just stick on oil pan and plug in, works great!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information but I have tried the search and nothing is coming up for chevcustomerservice. I also tried chevycustomerservice. No luck. Do I need an upgraded membership for this service?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes it is, they seem to come and go lately, but rarely here on weekends. All Canadian cars should come with block heaters( especially western provinces) and side view mirror defrost.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Look up your RPO list for K03. That is block heater 110 Volts. K05 just says block heater so I don't really know about that code.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

RPO list is under trunk mat left of spare tire.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Wadennis,

Sorry about the delay. We have been gone a few days due to the snow storm and deep freezing temperatures we have been experiencing here in Michigan. I will respond to your message shortly.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.