Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I owned a 2006 Cobalt Ls that I am so proudly of. I have been having problems with my blower motor resistor. I have replaced the part three times already before 6 months of the first part that was bought in November 2014. The second part was bought after the first week of the first part. The speed usually works on 4(highest level) and stop working on the previous levels. I notice the issue after I start the car and prepare to use heat.

The problem started occurring after I purchase a remote starter. However, it was months later after the remote starter purchase.

Is there something that I should be checking from the motor or the fan? It works fine after I replace it. The fuse does not look burnt as well.

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Did you purchase new resistor networks or salvage?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Check your voltage. They're just transistors, shouldn't be dying this quickly.

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
When is the last time you changed your cabin air filter? Maybe the motor is working to hard and frying the resistor network (No transistors)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When is the last time you changed your cabin air filter? Maybe the motor is working to hard and frying the resistor network (No transistors)

Oh okay. . I would have to check it out. I know it has been a while since the filter has been replaced.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now my blower motor is making a loud screeching and squeaking noise. It doesn't matter what speed.

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
What did you do? If you changed the filter and put in a new one it might have collapsed onto the fan, filter goes in at an angle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What did you do? If you changed the filter and put in a new one it might have collapsed onto the fan, filter goes in at an angle.
I haven't done anything but turn the heat one because I was cold. I haven't touched it yet because it has been recently winterly cold and I just had snow in my area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.