Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has a 2008 cobalt and the blower motor will not spin. One morning I came out and there was water on the floor. Like an inch deep over the whole floor on the passenger side and the motor wouldn't spin. I should mention she has been getting water in the car for a long time. It would come out of the bottom of the blower motor housing right on your feet. It would either happen during heavy rain or if you turn the ac on. So I thought the water got to the motor and killed it. So I put a new one in. Didn't do anything. I changed the resistor, the whole switch, the relay, the fuse isn't blown either. I've hooked up a switch in the mean time so she has heat but only on one speed. The vent changes and everything still work too. And the hot and cold and the fresh air. I know it sounds stupid but I can't think of anything else. I tried searching for a thread like this or somebody with the same problem and had no luck. And if anybody's had the water problem before or knows what to do about that I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Sounds like the water could be from the HVAC/AV drain line and it should be blown out. The electrical problem with your blower i am not sure but could it be the switch?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.