Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my blower motor stopped working and dont have air or heat. I have replaced blower motor blower motor resistor. Connector to both motor and resistor have been replaced. Checked fuses and relay and nothing seems to work. This is the second time it has gone out. First time I replaced resistor and motor connector and it fired right up. Worked about 6 months and went out slowly. Some days it worked and then it didnt. Blew the motor fuse replaced it. Started up. Now it's dead again and I have checked and replaced everything I could think of. Some one help please starting to get frustrated with it. Thanks. Ps also replace the head unit. So I have checked everything. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
279 Posts
What brand have you used? I have a customer with a Mustang that I have probably change those same parts out about 3-4 times in the past 6 years. The first two blower motors were Murray brand. The last one that I installed was a VDO brand. Four Seasons makes Murray, and over the years I’ve found they aren’t great quality lasting parts. The VDO part has not had to be changed again. I did however have to change the connector that went between the resistor and blower motor. Was burned up at the plug.

You may want to check the condition of the connectors. They do sometimes burn up. Also sometimes the wire or plug end will have high resistance and cause it to burn the connectors. Not sure if it is because of becoming damp in the area near the cold ac or what. But it’s not uncommon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have replaced blower motor in passed and resistor worked for 6 months then slowly started not working.one day it work next day it dont. Replaced fuse 30 amp one under hood worked for couple days then stopped. I have replaced basically everything that has to do with that system with no luck. Any ideas?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Have you inspected the wiring? The connectors often times may overheat and cause loss of contact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts