Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it keeps blowing. I have the gen 3 lights with the halo and 3 leds on the bottom. I have 8000k HIDS also. The fuse blew tonight. was a 20 amp. i put my spare 25 in and it blew again. Do i just need a bigger fuse or is there a problem here?

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
James you have a problem. did you not just put those HID's in.
Did you get a real HID kit; which includes a ballast and electronic adaptor. The bulbs cannot just be plugged into the stock wiring; they work on a different voltage, and need the adapter unit and ballast. So if you just installed bulbs into your car; it would cause all kinds of problems. If you bought a complete HID conversion kit; then you should contact the company where you bought the kit; or the manufacturer or distributor. There are many poor quality conversion kits out there.
If you bought imitation HID lights; which are not real Xenon, but are just higher current Halogen lights, then they may be drawing enough extra current that you need to install a headlight relay, and a larger fuse.

·
Registered
141 Posts
put foil in for the fuse u will never have this issue

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got them from hids plus. Never heard of anyone having a problem with them

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

put foil in for the fuse u will never have this issue
true. lol. need to find out if i am carrying too much current or if there is a problem

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Never put in a bigger fuse...that's asking for trouble/fire/injury/death/havoc

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
works just does not light up. it is the fuse that we used to tap into for my halo and led lights

·
Registered
212 Posts
works just does not light up. it is the fuse that we used to tap into for my halo and led lights
Did your HID comes with a relay harness and is it a 35w model or 55w?

If you kit did not come with relay harness (the wire that attaches directly onto the battery) it's probably the last drop of water (in this case current) that tipped the cup (the fuse).

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
did you switch the little black thingys around, i forget what theyre called but they gave me a hard time on justins car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.