Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit a boulder this morning puncturing 2.5 inch hole in side wall on frnt pass side. having new tire put on tomorrow. anything i should know or do to my cobalt? thnx!

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Make sure the wheel isn't bent. If you have TPM's it's possible it got damaged but probably not.

Might want to make sure it still goes down the road straight. I mean if it was literally a "boulder" hahaha. could have a bent tie rod end or something.

At work one time a guy came in with his caddy after he went full speed over a curb and he bent the entire strut assembly and destroyed the wheels lol!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i have tpms i will see if reading normally after install tomorrow.the rock was about the size of a coconut i swerved to miss it but i think outside edge of tire just ran over it, quite a bump! after visual inspection rim seems ok didnt notice much after impact as i kept on going for final block to my work.seem to be riding straight.thnx for quick response to my question!

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

oh and your fly on your page had me going!!! ha!great one!!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I would definitely get an alignment check if you hit a boulder and did that kind of damage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As a mechanic, I would suggest getting two matching tires (new: one for the right and one for the rear) so you have even wear on all of them; the tires won't have uneven wear due to one tire with 12/32's of tread and the rest with 5/32's of tread. Get an alignment check/fix and replace any bent rims or possible loose parts (tire rods, ball joints). That's my opinion, but none of my customers seem to think its a good idea. It's not like I've been in a shop for 15 out of my 21 years of life.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Ppl hate spending money. Same prob @ my shop

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
What kind of tire did you buy. That seems expensive

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.