Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my Imperial Blue SS Sedan on the 1st of March 2014. I bought it with just under 75,000 miles on it. I've added 30 of my favorite pictures, but I have a bunch more. If you want to see the rest of them they are in my photobucket album located here http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/wvanderhoff04/library/2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Sedan Imperial Blue Metallic/Edited

Now on to the FUN stuff!!

Exterior
  • 25% Tint Back and Rear Windows
  • 50% Tint Front Windows
  • White Plasti-Dipped Stock SS/TC Rims
  • White Plasti-Dipped Upper Grille
  • White Fender Stripes
  • 4th Gen Depo Projector Headlights
  • 5000K DDM Tuning 55 Watt HID Headlights
  • 3000K Morimoto Elite 3Five HID Fog Lights
  • MPx Shorty Antenna
  • Small Collection of Rear Window Stickers
Interior
  • Arm Rest
  • Laser Blue Metallic Interior Dash Trim
Performance
  • K&N Typhoon Intake Painted Dark Blue Pearl (8P4)
  • Injen Upper Charge Pipe Painted Dark Blue Pearl (8P4)
  • Forge Bypass Valve
Suspension
  • Nothing yet Saving for coilovers
Other
  • Black Coil Cover
These first few pictures were from the original owner, and shows the car exactly as I got it.

These were taken on a small pull off, of of US-40 in TN just past Nashville in small town called Buffalo Valley.

These were taken in Briceville, TN at the Blue and White Srevice Station along SR 116 TN, The Devils Triangle

757Illest Car, Show Norfolk, Virginia

Apex Car Club Charity Car Show/Cars for Kids 2014, Chesapeake, Virginia

Captain Teach AKA Captain Blackbead, Downtown Norfolk, Virginia

Parking Deck in Virginia Beach Town Center, Virginia Beach, Virginia

Art District, Downtown Norfolk, Virginia

Giant Rubber Duck at Chrysler Museum, Downtown Norfolk, VA

Memorial Day 2014

New Fender Stripes... I haven't gotten a good photo shoot with them yet.

Rear Window Stickers

Continued on Post #3

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Continued from first post.

Injen Charge Pipes and K&N Intake

Forge Bypass Valve

Painted K&N Intake and Injen Charge Pipe

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Now there's a dream car, missing one option I see, "remote start"

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chevy didn't offer remote start for manuals.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Okay then I stand corrected.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like remote start though

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would have posted a few of the engine, but I got home late yesterday, and it started snowing today when I woke up. Looks like tomorrow I'll be outside taking some snow pics of the car. Cleaning out the garage and putting her up for a few days.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
In the US having a remote start on a manual car is ILLEGAL just so you know. Its a safety issue.

Nice car tho, thats the color I wanted but settled for victory red. You like the feel of the TC?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love it. I drove her 20 hours to get home, and it was fun. There is a stretch of road (US-40) through the Appalachian Mountains in Tennessee. I was climbing up the winding road, and ran up on a G37, then we caught up with a 2003 Porsche Carrera 4S Convertible. We moved through the traffic a bit and passed some semi's to open road, and the guy in the Porsche almost lost it and wrecked. After that he settled in behind me, and we moved on behind the G37 at a pretty good pace. At the the end of the Mountain pass we stopped at the rest station and talked for a few minutes, they were both pretty impressed and upset that the $24,000 4 door Cobalt kept up and handled just as well as their pricey sports cars. The guy in the Porsche was more upset, the guy in the G37, was more impressed... both of them had just recently bought their cars too.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We'll I've figured out some of what I want to do with this car. I think I'm going to go with ZZP for charge pipes. K&N for the Intake. Hahn for the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Those would be my exact choices, still debating switching to the Hahn exhaust at some point.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
NO! Dont get the hahn exhaust. For those that dont know, an aftermarket exhaust on the TC is a waste of money. The TC has a full 3in exhaust from the factory. At the most, get a catless dp (adds 40whp after tune), if you cant get someone to cut yours out. Then cut off the muffler and replace with straight pipe (adds 5whp honestly lol). Right there if you do all that you will have a great sound and the exact same power you would have from any aftermarket exhaust from a reputable vendor.

Good choice on the K&N, and the CPs. Id suggesf getting the Dejon BPV spring upgrade too while your at it (the stock one is weak and will boost leak/creep at 18psi regardless if its hooked up or not).

Also, just remember, you HAVE to tune your car again after the intake and exhaust. The CPs and BPV spring you wont. But Id recommend NOT putting any parts on until youre ready for your tune. Unless you really want your car to go into limp mode..

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NO! Dont get the hahn exhaust. For those that dont know, an aftermarket exhaust on the TC is a waste of money. The TC has a full 3in exhaust from the factory. At the most, get a catless dp (adds 40whp after tune), if you cant get someone to cut yours out. Then cut off the muffler and replace with straight pipe (adds 5whp honestly lol). Right there if you do all that you will have a great sound and the exact same power you would have from any aftermarket exhaust from a reputable vendor.

Good choice on the K&N, and the CPs. Id suggesf getting the Dejon BPV spring upgrade too while your at it (the stock one is weak and will boost leak/creep at 18psi regardless if its hooked up or not).

Also, just remember, you HAVE to tune your car again after the intake and exhaust. The CPs and BPV spring you wont. But Id recommend NOT putting any parts on until youre ready for your tune. Unless you really want your car to go into limp mode..
I'm really just going to start with the intake. The CP and other stuff will be a bit later. Thanks for the info on the exhaust though... I didn't know it was a 3in exhaust stock. I've also heard about BPV and that I could either do the spring or get a Forge BPV.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Just know with the intake tho as stated above you will need to retune your car for it, as it will throw off the MAF calibration. I recommend getting the BPV installed before the Intake (it's cheap and it takes literally like 10 minutes to install), and with that you won't need to retune for it. The intake will be a good thing to put on the day you're getting a tune, as if you put it on your car will run like crap without the tune.

Also, the Forge BPV is a decent one, it is just a bigger replacement for your stock BPV, and it just changes the sound and allows for faster release of air (so if you're planning on running more than 22psi that is the way to go). Also, another thing you may want to look into is an aftermarket FMIC. The stock FMIC on the ss is a good one as it has a VERY nice core in it, HOWEVER, it has plastic end tanks (allowing for the FMIC to heat soak very quickly), and a water catch on the bottom of the FMIC that breaks if you hit anything on the bottom in the front (like those parking lot cement stops), and when it breaks you get a boost leak, car goes into limp mode and you're looking at putting an $800 intercooler on. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Updated with pictures of the white rims

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are you looking for 4 door or 2? Not very many Imperial Blue 4 door SS floating around. only 40 were made, and through all the forums I'm on I've only seen 2 others.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.