Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check it out painted my calipers:toung: did part of the really rusty rotors it might look silly but I hope stops the horrible rusty look, I really hate to see other cars with expensive tires/wheels and the rotors are horrible rusted so I worked them a little and painted them and the color it's going to be hiding anyways so there you go...oh I even painted one of the engine mount!!! it was that or paint my drums which it's not tasteful in my opinion or throw away the rest of the paint...:nuts:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good!
thanks it's looks really like how nice came out and just ordering some caliper decals!! custom FTW maybe this legend JAZNAPRIL or something nice anyways need some nice wheels first maybe...:sad2:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
next time you're ready to do brakes, have the rotors powdercoated. the whole thing. Pad wears away where it touches, every other surface has an excellent corrosion free, chip resistant coating.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
next time you're ready to do brakes, have the rotors powdercoated. the whole thing. Pad wears away where it touches, every other surface has an excellent corrosion free, chip resistant coating.
thanks for the time I just did this to use the caliper kit wife bought about 2 years ago and I was afraid would get dry anyways good to know:cheesy: because by the time I get wheels I'm going to get drilled slotted rotors they are made of zinc or some kind of material it's not supposed to rust. but not sure if thy live up to their expectations does anyone have any experience about those???

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the color blue you used! Have any pics of them with your tire on??
well that would be a problem I'm rolling my steelies:unsure: I doubt thy are going to b that visible but I'll post some when I put them back on just for you!!!:toung:

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Nice. looks better than rust that's for sure.

I thought about doing this with my rotors but meh, just the calipers (and my drums) powder coated is good enough for me.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice. looks better than rust that's for sure.

I thought about doing this with my rotors but meh, just the calipers (and my drums) powder coated is good enough for me.
I actually love the looks of you drums brian I kind of did the same thing but used regular paint and didn't sand blast them just wet sand them and got rid of most of the rust they look good enough to me but I wish would have done the same to mine...

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

You beat me to that Idea Damn you. Looks good
thanks and don't worry won't consider a theft so go ahead and copy mine:toung:

·
Registered
236 Posts
yeah mine show through steelies

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.