Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i see alot of people with led dome lights n i wanna to get a blue one any one know how to install it or is it just like a bulb u replace the regular bulb with? And i wanna do the same with the inside trunk light also.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Dome is just a matter of changing the festoon.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I personally don't like color lights for the inside so No, I have PURE WHITE LEDs, I connected a cable (-Ground) from the Dome light to an additional LED Strip and place it on the back window of the car and one on the windshield (You cant see them unless they are on, they are hidden) and added a 16 LED square to the dome the reason all this is wired to -ground instead of +Power is because the "module" sends negative to the dome so It works when you open the doors, So yeah it all works with the doors, and about the rims they are OZ Racing rims, already black ..

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I personally don't like color lights for the inside so No, I have PURE WHITE LEDs, I connected a cable (-Ground) from the Dome light to an additional LED Strip and place it on the back window of the car and one on the windshield (You cant see them unless they are on, they are hidden) and added a 16 LED square to the dome the reason all this is wired to -ground instead of +Power is because the "module" sends negative to the dome so It works when you open the doors, So yeah it all works with the doors, and about the rims they are OZ Racing rims, already black ..
I dont need all that im only doing it for style when i open the door i. Barly use my dome light

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

I like the idea tho i might do that with blue

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Do you mind helpin me with doing it like yours just only blue lol

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Ok im stumped on this im looking at these two n the ends are completely different look like no match

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
562 bulb I think is what you need

·
Registered
675 Posts
if you have any issues i went on superbrightleds.com and looked up my car and got both bulbs there.

·
Registered
675 Posts
same place, i dont think they had a specific category for trunk lights, but i got the license plate one and it fit just fine and is pretty damn bright (194 LED Bulb).

·
Registered
675 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.