Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Rice or Not?

• Rice!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Nah try it!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Eh it wouldnt be rice, but would look bad...

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I remember a little while back, somebody panited their tails with blue metalcast paint and it made them a type of purple/black where the reverse lights turned out simply blue. I was wondering if you guys think it would look ricey to do the headlights with all blue (chrome lights). Maybe somebodys done it? Pics?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I actually don't know how to answer this. When the taillight pics were posted I thought it wouldn't look good but to my surprise I liked it. So I don't know how this would turn out on headlights.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I think it would work...But do you really care what other people think as far as it being "ricey"? do it because you like it not because everyone else does.

·
Registered
117 Posts
im with him ^^^

·
Banned
384 Posts
what is the poll? what am i supposed to judge to say it be rice or not?

P1mpsy0r1c3 added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

oops

·
Registered
575 Posts
ehh idk I don't like painting headlights is there any legal issue wioth it like with added glare or anything?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah I also would like an answer for tht. But i didn't know if the thinner would take it off because I wouldn't want to just trash them if they turned out horrible. Maybe someone could photoshop it with a bluish tint?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tht looks pretty good! Thanks man. It would look even better if i took out the orange blinker lens. Does anybody know where to get the sealent and how much it is to reseal the lights? I bought some to fix the sealent on my aftermarket headlights but ive had to constantly reapply

·
Registered
314 Posts
i used some sealant from ace hardware the guy recommended...same stuff the used to seal pvc in plumbing applcations

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I work in the aircraft industry and I use a sealant called 1300L. Its made by 3M. I was thinkin of doin the inside of my headlights in a blue metalcast paint and reasealin with the 1300L. Someone had a DIY on them a while back. Dont know if it made it back on the site yet or not.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any prices?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
You can probably go on 3M site and check into it. I think its a little pricey but awsome against leaking. Its like $20 a tube of it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Put the head light in the oven on 200 for 15-20 minutes then pry away you should be able to reuse the sealant. just put the two pieces back in the oven when your done for the same amount of time and simply press the two together.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.