Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetooth AUX Reciever (XM Radio HiJack)

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  09ChevyCobalt 
#1 ·
Alright so first i'm going to give a little background on why i wanted to try this project and the fact of the matter is i don't know what i'm doing when it comes to cars but computers i can handle

Story time: My brother borrowed my car and broke the top of the AUX cord in the AUX input. instead of telling me so i can remove it safely he mcgyves a q-tip/superglue claw of salvation that does the oppisite of what it was designed to do. now i have to figure out how to listen to my music without burning a bunch of CD's.

The Plan: Using my already programed RaspberryPi device that connects to my phone's bluetooth and acts as a A2DP hub for my bootleg bluetooth speakers im using, I want to hijack my antenna (local radio sucks and XM is too expensive) and use the existing wires of my XM receiver to install an AUX wire that will be connected to my RPi.

The problem: I need a power source for my RPi that won't give out on me or cause a fire in the back seat.

**If there is a simple way of doing this without spending more than 20$ by all means let me know.**

#3 ·
Why don't you just open the OEM radio and remove he broken tip from the jack. To me this seems the logical solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.