Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a big difference between oem and aftermarket parts I need to replace the core support on my cobalt and I'm not sure if I should get an aftermarket one or an oem one because there's a big difference in price thank you

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
For sure your friend will have less line-up issues with OEM, but if it was bent to start with don't matter which one you get he his going to have to fiddle with to fit properly so get the aftermarket.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I was all confused :) is the aftermarket ones about the same strength ? The aftermarket one is $90.00 cheaper witch is almost half the price of oem which I really like :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
regarding the strength, it probably depends on the manufacturer of the aftermarket parts.

I used aftermarket on the front of my Tacoma and was happy with the results. Saved quite a few bucks. If possible, I would compare the aftermarket side by side with the OEM. If they look similar, that is a good sign (I'm not necessarily saying, however, that they would necessarily be the same strength in this case). If the aftermarket looks chintzy compared to the OEM, maybe consider passing on that part.

In my experience sometimes cheap metal parts "look" cheap.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to Doug and hes going to order the aftermarket one tomorrow at work I am going to owe him so much he is an awesome friend we have been friends since I was 6 and I couldn't have gotten through everything in the last year without him and Laura :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.