Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a guy I kinda know has a 07(not positive) cobalt and his brother pretty much totalled it... he didn't have collision on his insurance so it's sitting in their yard in pretty rough shape. he has basic bolt ons. i was thinking about seeing if he wanted to sell his intake (k&n) and maybe his exhaust(just sold my LOUD car and don't know if i want another yet). the question I had though, he has a chip(I wanna say Apexi for some reason but I think I'm wrong) and I was curious if anyone has their cobalts chipped and if its worth it. also, because it's a different motor will the intakes match up? hopefully he'll sell some stuff but we'll see... thanks

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
your intake will match up. the chip..eh if you get it mega cheap, possibly worth it. those chips can really just screw up the computer as im to understand. what kind of exhaust did he have?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he's changed his exhaust like 3 times so I not too sure right now to be honest... not really sure if I want one though. ya when the chip is working right it's ok but he always talks about how many problems he has with it... was wondering if it was just him making excuses

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
idk, i havent actually heard of too many chips out there for our cars. and most of them just mess with the air fuel ratio i think. im sure someone else on here knows more about them..they just happen to be sleeping right now:laugh:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol why would anyone want to do that?

·
Registered
720 Posts
There are no "chips" out there for our cars that work. The Jet Performance module is the only aftermarket piece that will do anything and unless he has that and you know it will work on an 09 (not sure that it will since you have the LAP and he's got an L61), then I wouldn't bother.

Trifecta tune is the way to go for tuning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.