Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was just wondering what some good bolt ons are that are with buying. Also what is the max hp gain i could get from just bolt ons?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Well to honestly answer that question we are going to need more information from you. Year and model of your balt, engine size, current mods, ect. Just keep this in mind, when modding a car for the performance aspects, you have 3 options, cheap, reliable, and fast, but you can only choose 2 of the 3. For example, if you want reliable and cheap, it's not going to be fast, or if you want fast and reliable, it's not going to be cheap.. Catch my drift? :)

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
I take it that fast and cheap won't be very reliable. lol

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
^^ someone catches on quick! lol ;)

·
Registered
675 Posts
I take it that fast and cheap won't be very reliable. lol
ha i was thinking that the entire time i was reading...

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
my guess will be a 2.2 2007 in black? let's see how close i get lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow very close.. 2007 2.2 sedan in silver

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 AM ----------

Oh and I have 0 engine mods to! Also would a trifecta tune be worth it?

·
Registered
675 Posts
lol well done bronx :p almost spot on

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
my 2nd guess would have been silver haha, well read up around here before you do anything man its worth it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
^ i second that, theres a lot of good post and how to's. do your research

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
How much hp are you actually looking for with your car, op
I'd moreso be willing to ask what the budget is.

He says he wants more power, but then you could probably build a pretty stout, bored/stroked/fully balanced N/A motor for what...five grand or so?

Or spend a fifth of that and toss a M62 on it and make the same amount of power?

Options, broham...options.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How much hp are you actually looking for with your car, op
No specific amount just as much as I can get with smaller mods considering I don't have enough money for a TC/SC because I'm only 16 lol

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Since you have an 07 you have a couple options for tunes. Trifecta and HP. I know we had a big discussion about the differences not too long ago. I'll try to find it.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Read page 2 of this thread. Might as well read the entire thread, most of your questions will be answered there.
http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/new-member-introductions/30080-new-guy-tons-questions-2.html
Thanks for finding that for me! I will definitely read it now!

·
Registered
675 Posts
As stated. You could spend 2k on bolt ons and get maybe 20whp or spend 2-2.5j and supercharge it
yeah id have to agree with this too...

·
Registered
105 Posts
What's a m62? Y'all use acronyms and specific names and I get lost. I know cars but I feel like your speaking a different language.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.