Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Why would you want to? I mean a vac gauge I can see, but what would a boost gauge even do without boost?

·
Registered
83 Posts
...im going to need more information on what your getting at. Like hook the gauge to something else or install one for...decor

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I was just wondering if you could hook one up without a turbo and just see the vac go? I heard someone talking about it the other day and was just wondering if it was possible to do or not

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Yes, it's very possible. Vac gauges are an old school method of improving mpg. Most now come with three wires out the back, red, black and orange. The orange is for a lighted gauge and usually goes to the stereo wiring harness. There is also a clear plastic tube and a hollow Tee with most aftermarket models that you splice into a vacuum line close to the intake manifold and run thru the firewall. It's not too hard to install one.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im only asking because my friend has a boost gauage that is not in use and i was seeing if i could use it with out a turbo

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

so it still allows air flow through the vac line and then into the gauge line
???

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.