Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm standing around waiting to close up my place of business. And I'm staring at my beautiful 08 slate metallic LS and wondering what exhaust and cold air intake combination I should throw on her. I'm looking for a nice throaty deep sounding exhaust not a real tuner/pissed off can of bees sound for the exhaust. And any other random ideas or upgrades you may want to suggest go right ahead. Thanks :p

·
Registered
126 Posts
Go to Crate Engine Depot, they have a couple exhaust systems and have a sound byte of a stock exhaust vs. performance exhaust vs. touring exhaust. Is made by Borla, both sound great and not like a fart can.

·
Registered
931 Posts
ive got the slp catback on my ls... sounds nice. still dont have an intake tho

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I have the GMPP exhaust and it has a deep throaty sound. it's expensive but well worth the money. like stated above it's made by borla

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome guys! I'll have to look into that! And I've been mulling around wether I wanna go straight gmpp mods or aftermarket. Losing my warranty is my only concern about aftermarket. Since this is the first car I've owned new. And I'd like to keep the warranty.so I'll prolly stick w gmpp for now. Thanks a lot for the quick responses as well! I appreciate it!

·
Registered
126 Posts
For the exhaust, go with GMPP and the intake manifold I would as well. At least if I were you.

Some things you don't have to, like struts and stuff (I went with coilovers by B&G), but I did buy my lower control arms from there. Also if you are talking CAI, get a K&N, Injen, etc. They IMO look better than the GMPP.

GMPP does have a lot of mods that are proven and reliable which is nice, so you can't go wrong with them in most cases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.