Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
juss wondering if anyone is bored with there cobalt n is thinkin about trading up?
juss not feeling the love anymore.. :( lol

im itchin to get a 2008 gti or a 2006 audi a5.. i'd love to have a turbo n some leather seats. red, black or white for the next one... mmmm paddle shifters. lol

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
So you're into ugly german cars...

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

with expensive parts...

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Have you even priced insurance or anything related to a VW or an Audi?

lul, hope you've got deep pockets when something goes wrong.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^agree. The balt is one of the most inexpensive (parts/insurance/etc) that can have some serious power. I agree it would be nice to have something else (Evo for me in 5 years) but right now it's just not realistic. Maybe it is for you! Have you considered boosting? That would keep you busy for a while!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I didn't see the whole trade part either...hope you got quite a bit in cash in hand, or the person you're trading to is blind, lol.

Also, 5 Series Audi didn't hit stateside until '08 at the earliest and according to my value calc. at my bank, the A5 with average mileage (60k~) is still sitting around 28-30k, while the GTi being the cheaper one around 15-17k.

What's a LS/LT fully loaded Cobalt Coupe go for?

No where near...totally different price bracket.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
its only as boring as you make it, did you only do appearance upgrades? go turboozz or SC whichever floats your boat.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Call VW dealer and ask how much for a GTi brake job, if that don't change your mind you must have won the lottery.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I'd love to boost, but I don't see a point since I'm an auto:/
There's your problem. You are bored because you don't have a stick not the fact you own a cobalt!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol some funny responses.. k i'll do sum easy math for you guys..

2006 audi - used 10g
2008 gti - used 10 - 12g

2008 cobalt trade in - 5 - 6g

hope that didn't confuse anyone here.. :p lol
yeah im sure insurance and maintenance might be a lil more.. think it will be worth it though.. im not 16 lol

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

I would juss keep upgrading but i feel like im juss dumping money when i could be saving for a better platform.. but nothing right away.. i'll give her another year or so.. ;)

the cobalt is def value for the money.. has all the options i need.. i juss feel like i want something a lil more luxury and performance.. lil more grown up i dunno

didn't mean to make anyone upset! juss chit chat :p haha

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
When i grow up i'm keeping my balt hehe =D, but do what you gotta do man don't let us stop you, just dont forget us lol

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
There's your problem. You are bored because you don't have a stick not the fact you own a cobalt!
That's exactly it. And sc autos are fast yea, but they aren't fun to drive. So I don't see a point in sc or tc my auto when I could get a manual sometime then do all that an still have fun driving it

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
I still love mine. Its great for the reasons i bought it. Fwd for winter, good fuel economy, good looking car, and a fun, reliable daily driver. I would love to get a rwd car to turn into a project that would be nimble and fast. But the ones i like are a lil too expensive for me right now. Gonna keep enjoying the old LS till i can afford/find a decent project.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've been in an itch for the past year due to various leak fixes and now a crackling audio even when radio's off. Thinking If I did trade for a 4cyl Turbo, V6 or V8 vehicle and next thing you know, bigger payments (starting over loan interests), bigger insurance rate and $5/gallon gas creeping up.

Those, mechanical reliability, cheap maintainence, payments and insurance is what gets me to try and scratch the itch off. Cobalts are reliable powertrainwise, just have exterior/interior issues.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.