Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever heard of a boser hood? its like a piece of sheet metal you weld onto your stock hood to cover part of the headlights and grill, to my understanding anyway. a lot of people do to GTIs and jettas . i was wondering if anyone had heard of anyoneone doing it to a cobalt or had a picture i cant find anything on google.

·
Registered
101 Posts
it looks alright but i dont think that is sheet metal it looks alot thicker than actual sheet metal but idk do u have to cut out ur headlights to make them fit or do u just have them sit ontop?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It overlaps the headlights. They have premaid ones for Vdub's and i just cant seem to like the eyelids they seem kinda cheap after seeing the acutal boser hood

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Looks good but I wonder how much it'll cost to get the sheet metal, weld it on and paint it. I'd rather have cheap eyelids. At least they can be removed when I get tired of them

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ya it looks bad a**. I think i just got turned off eyelids too lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
i just wouldnt want to go big i mean with a big hole in the front of my hood haha i guess if ur not afraid to mess up welding isnt bad im not to good so i wouldnt trust myself nor would i pay someone to mess with my car

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
shoot I say go for it, if ya mess up just buy a new hood... if ya have the money & time & skill should be all worth it. Ive seen my friends mold caddy taillights in their truck beds, that's not any different from this... if they have the skill it turns out wonderful in the end... if they dont, then they have to buy a whole new bed. Like i just had a friend buy a whole new bed for his bagged dime cuz he sux at body work(he wont admit that tho, lol)--but at least now he knows......lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.