Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
& I am really regretting it. needs a a ton of work. Got it pretty cheap. but i would rather save up 2-3k and buy one with a good body and everything else and build from there. The thing is pretty fast though. It needs a few things before i will be comfortable driving it. the brakes suck. I think they need bled

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Nice car, always been big for fox bodys, not really expensive to make them fast.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Not a Mustang fan but I secretly love the Fox Bodies... Nice find!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
700 bucks. i think? only i will know

It has 360k on the clock. but engine has 130k. brakes need bled or something bad. It sounds mean as hell.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

He said guy tried body work and was not the best. it is missing most of the fender trim pieces.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Man that engine bay is dirty!

Fox bodies are pretty easy to make quick. Set of GT40P heads and intake (either out of a Cobra or an Explorer - they're the same parts) and some headers and an exhaust and you're kicking!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I suggested a ProCharger, headers, catback, gears, converter and shift kit. Then just add some drag radials and its an 11 second car!

The worse it looks, the more races you will get. Hence the term "sleeper". :)

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

But if you really do regret buying it, I will gladly buy it from ya. As long as it runs, I can do wonders with that thing!

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

Your engine:

What it can look like with a little work and engine cleaner:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think this thing already has an exhaust. not sure what else. He said it might have had a few things cuz it was way faster then his rag top.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
That could be from the weight difference alone

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.