Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I ended up buying a 2004 Vue 3.5 AWD last week. Still waiting on insurance for my Cobalt that was totalled (still in driveway . . :[ )

Does anyone know of a good Saturn Vue forum, like this one? I checked one out but I don't think the moderator does anything with it lol.

Also, could a loose engine mount cause trouble with the automatic transmission shifting in a car, specifically an AWD? I was having trouble with the shifting, like a shudder at 45mph or so, as well as some moise at low speeds, had the engine mounts fixed/replaced, now it drives MUCH better, I cant really feel the shudder or noise anymore . . . it has 77,000 miles, I know the carrier bearing needs replaced and the ATF is overdue for a change, which ill fix in the next week or so.

Thanks a lot

Joe

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Check the rear trailing arm bushings, they're notorious for failing and allowing the rear end to move a bit

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3.5L... It actually runs a lot better since they replaced the mount(s). I still have to change fluid and replace carrier bearing. I was just surprised how much of a difference it made when they replaced the loose motor mount.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
ah, see you found your answer before I could get to it. Yeah, my sister has an awd vue, and they are alright. wish they were DOHC rather than SOHC.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just noticed a few replied to this thread. I have since changed the ATF, I did a 3 times *flush and fill* It shifts great now. A little rough when its cold from 1-2 and 2-3 .. . when it warms up its fine though. I changed the serpentine belt tensioner and pulley as well. I guess next thing is rear tires and check motor mounts ha . . . otherwise I like it :)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Good to hear. Too bad you couldn't get another balt!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I always wanted a Vue . . . Im pretty bummed about my cobalt still . . . I miss it for sure :(

I read all about the transmissions, there are VTI Transmissions which are in some (or all?) 4 cyl vues. These Transmissions are terrible from what Ive read. I have a 2004 3.5 with the Honda engine and 5 speed automatic. I think the biggest problem with the 5ATs is people don't maintain them. Im used to GM, and my Cobalt for instance NEVER had a tranny fluid change. It had 220k on it and was still running flawlessly. The this honda transmission will act up and fry the torque converter if you dont change the ATF every 25k miles. I bought this Vue with 77k, and from the looks of the ATF, it had NEVER been changed. The shifting was rough and shuddered sometimes, when I replaced the ATF, it ran fine. So I think most of the failures were caused by no maintenance. You don't expect a Honda set up in a GM car, if i knew I wouldnt have bought it.

When I get all the BS ironed out with it, I like the car over all. The rest of it is GM, even components attached to the engine.

Other crap Im chasking is noises, I think some caused by motor mounts, some by exhaust, or a combo of both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.