Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First things first, I finally got my drums off and am going to pop some new pads in there. Should I replace the shoes as well and also is resurfacing or replacing the drum itself important or necessary? Theyre both the original drums from when I bought it 85000 miles ago in 2005. (2005 LS Automatic)

Second, I was wondering about opinions on my options with what tax return cash Ive got. I have about $1100 total, but Im not looking to spend it all on my car. Ive listed out all the things Ive thought about putting on my car and was wondering what youd think would be some of the best combos as far as performance offered. I already have a 2.4IM and injen intake installed.

Lightweight alternator pulley-MRZ Performance- $55
Lightweight crank pulley- MRZ- $165
UNderdrive crank pulley- MRZ- $165

TTR upper engine mount-= TTR - $190

Tsudo n1 exhaust- Havent decided where to buy from yet
GMPP touring exhaust - CRate Engine Depot - $565

Vibrant HEader + DOwnpipe w/Cat - TTR -$630
Racing solution header + downpipe w/cat- racingsolution- $525

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

check that, just realized pads are for the front discs and the shoes are all i change for the back drums. still wondering about drum replacement/resurfacing

·
Registered
51 Posts
I didn't know you could replace the pads in drum brakes without replacing the shoes. But I'm no expert. But personally the I'd replace the drums. There not that pricey and you'll only need two. It would also give you an opportunity to paint em up all nice and pretty. As for your list of parts. They all sound like winners in my book, but I'd get the stuff that makes the biggest difference in speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.