Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help me. my brake lights come on when i turn on the headlights and go off when i put on the brakes the lights dim to driving lights. I changed the brake light switch but it never fixed the problem. Car is 09 cobalt LT.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you change the bulbs lately.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You must have put in wrong ones.3157?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Fuses? almost seemed like the same problem i had with my taillights. I'm assuming your speedo cluster is on though so it might not be a fuse

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Welcome to the forum board4life,

I don't have technical information, but if you were to have any questions about warranty or recall information on your specific vehicle, or if you were going to be working with a dealership and wanted for me to help in any way, let me know! I would need the last 8 digits of your VIN, name, and contact information with your inquiry.

Sarah, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not to sure of the bulb # i put in, i went to autoparts store and brought in the bulb that was in car and jus got the same one. does it have the # on it so i could check?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
3157 is the right one, and 3156 won't work right. They also go in both way I don't think you can put them in the wrong way

Sent from my EVO

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You can't put them in the wrong way but you to make sure all the wire leads are straight and weren't compromised in shipping and handling each wire must lay in their designated groove in the plastic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.