Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to replace my brake master cylinder this last weekend. I sucessfully replced the cylinder after priming it. Bled the brakes with DOT 3 fluid out of new sealed containers. Was able to drive for a couple miles no problem, but then I started to notice the pedal getting stiffer and a lot of resistance moving forward. Was close to home so I just decided to say **** it and floored it the rest of the way (gas pedal to the floor couldn't get me over 25 mph). Seemed like the front wheels are the ones locking up. You can smell the brakes burning up front and not at all in the back, and the front wheels are a lot warmer than the rear. I completely bled all 4 brakes again with new fluid, and took for a test drive. Same problem, worked fine for a mile, then started locking up.

I'm gonna pull the 2 hard lines out of the master cylinder and see if that releases the brakes. If so I think its the cylinder thats no good. If not maybe there is a restriction somewhere in the line? Have any of you had this problem with a new master cylinder? What did you guys do to troubleshoot?

The part is the Duralast master brake cylinder from autozone. (hate AZ but they were the only people who had the part on island.) https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/master-cylinder-brake-system/duralast-new-master-cylinder-brake-system-/434769_0_2558_1277_23442_91689

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.