Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That's an opinion, IMO NAPA Adaptive One is top. Might even be same manufacturer, I don't know that for a fact.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Rotors if you're not racing and live in a climate where occasionnal road salt is applied avoid drilled and grooved rotors.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like canada? For the rotors.. what about yearly for the salt like at winter time in December

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

See im going by ear cause I heard the hawk was the best..

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I think if you buy a regular rotor and paint the tophat and finns with primer and a good rust paint your rotors will last twice as long than just throwing an unprotected steel rotor on there for all of nature elements to eat at it.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

If you have extra cash laying around and you can afford powder coated rotors, the more power to you. These will endure even better.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thats what im pointing at lol thats why I asked whats the best I mean im not gonna go and paint rotors if there is a better brand or or type like slotted or drilled or such.. I mean i have the money im just looking for greatness or best.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
But do you race your Cobalt? If not a regular unslotted, undrilled powder coated is best. Hawk or Adaptive One for pads.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so school me about each type of rotor like drilled, slotted and powdered coated stocks.

Does powder coat rotors perduce lots or brake dust like the ones I have cause I want to kinda eliminate that issue alil..

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Slots were originally added to clean the pads under heavy breaking but were later found to not be effective other than cause premature pad wear.

Drilled rotors were introduced to try and and cool rotors even more than just finns. However the resulting issue was stress cracks from hole to hole and dimples caused by rust.

If you don't like brake dust accumulation I know for a fact that Adaptive One produce very little dust. I have them on my Corvette, Mitsubishi Outlander (second set) the Cobalt and my wifes G6 all around. These are the best I ever found and no I don't own the company.

http://jcwnapa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/TE_0812_TE.pdf

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok and then the coated rotors will reduce the rust issue around the edge and buy the holes for the rods right or no.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Were can I get powder coated brake rotors? That are plain...non drilled or slotted..

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have 79k miles on my factory pads and rotors. It's almost time to replace them so I've been thinking about going with GM parts. Very little dust, long life and quiet. I think they will be a good option. Some aftermarket pads tend to throw off a lot of dust, are noisy or don't last to long (varies by brand and what they are made of). I know people that use Autozone pads and have to change them every year. That isn't for me! I might take a look at the Adaptive One pads.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Seen evos crash into concrete walls because of brake failure. Get good pads and rotors, especially if you plan to go fast.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I just put ebc rotors and those napa pads on my cobalt (only did fronts for now) and I really like them. Quiet and smooth, and no more warping! The slots will probably kill the pads faster but thats a risk I was ok with.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.