Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just ordered a brand new Tsudo N-1 catback exhaust today. Should be here some time next week n a buddy of mine is gunna help install it. Anyone have comments/concerns about this exhaust with the way it sounds, looks, runs? If so I would be interested to know what you guys think of it. I have done my research long enough on it (1 month) and it seems pretty straight-forward. Ill have pics up after the install.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ive heard that its of good quality and of course quite affordable compared to other exhausts. Two things Ive heard people have a problem with is the fact it hangs low to the ground on one spot and the included or stock hangars cause the muffler to be close to the bumper.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i have read about both those things. I found an SUV hanger at the local AutoZone which is easily twice the length of the stock hangers and that should work. I'm not worried about where the piping hangs down because then you can show people that it is a true catback exhaust and not just some eBay muffler. Lol

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, anyone know how to take the silencer out?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on the new exhaust, Ihave heard it has a nice note to it but a little loud for my tastes. I love my Magnaflow catback. Once I get the new DP fabbed my exhaust will be nicely hidden away and I wont scrape...WAHOOO...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet, yeah im not lowered yet so i shouldn't have a problem with it scraping.

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright thanks. The company i bought it from it still awaiting conformation of the purchase. Its been about 4 hours so its kinda making me mad. Might be a while before i can even get the order processed.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Alright thanks. The company i bought it from it still awaiting conformation of the purchase. Its been about 4 hours so its kinda making me mad. Might be a while before i can even get the order processed.
ya thats a very popular exhaust. and seems to be on backorder a lot.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
who'd you buy it from? how much? it's a decent exhaust by all means, but as soon as i'm done with my SC build (which i haven't started yet), i'm gonna get a new type of exhaust.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everythingcobalt.com. I wouldnt buy a Tsudo catback for an SC. They have SS/SC catbacks on there so just find what works best with pipe sizes and all. Its done processing now so i should have it some time next week. :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well they make better catbacks for the SC besides the Tsudo but if its money you're worried about then go for it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
who'd you buy it from? how much? it's a decent exhaust by all means, but as soon as i'm done with my SC build (which i haven't started yet), i'm gonna get a new type of exhaust.
Does your sc build not an include an exhaust? Or are you adding an SC to a 2.2?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Yeah i have read about both those things. I found an SUV hanger at the local AutoZone which is easily twice the length of the stock hangers and that should work. I'm not worried about where the piping hangs down because then you can show people that it is a true catback exhaust and not just some eBay muffler. Lol
Get true header back exhaust

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
2.25 catback is perfect for a SC car like the cobalt. Proven dyno gains. Also there is no SS/SC exhaust. Any exhaust for ANY cobalt no matter what it says its for will work lol.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
BUT if you're staying NA or a minor SC build, keep with 2.5" or less, or else you'll lose too much backpressure from anything larger unless you have a turbo

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got the new exhaust delivered today. Won't get installed till tomorrow because I have to work tonight. I tried getting the stock bolts off but they are rusted on and I have no access to a torch or anything like that. Taking it to a muffler shop tomorrow. They are going to torch off the nuts and bolts holding the stock piping to the cat then bolting up the Tsudo resonator piping to the stock cat and then the muffler piping to the res piping. Hopefully all will work out alright and the guy doesn't screw anything up. All fingers crossed. Heres some pics from today.

Just delivered

Its in the back of my car and going to stay there until tomorrow morning when I can take it to the shop.

Here's a pic of the bolts rusted on. Anyone have an idea how to get them off without using a torch or cutting device. I would really like to do this on my own to save some money but if no one knows how to get them off then I'll be spending $50 to get it installed. These things are a pain in the ass.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.