Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got gen 1 projectors. I've tried HID and halogen bulbs and neither one works well. Everything is very dim. I haven't tried led yet. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Those projector headlights you buy off Amazon or eBay are JUNK!! They say the Gen 4s are the best. But nothing beats a good retrofit into the stock headlights. Even the Mini H1s will blow those eBay projectors out of the water. I have EvoX-R projectors now and I can see for about a mile with those. Also, go with 4,300k if you want the brightest light output. Better yet, go with a projector that takes a D2S bulb, like the EvoX-R and spend the extra money on Philips 85122 bulbs. They have just a tinge of yellow to them, but I love 'em.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you want LED lighting for low beams that will actually make useful output, you would need to spend a pretty penny. All you need are some good projectors, good bulbs, and proper alignment. Mini H1's are a great suggestion as they are affordable and typically easier to retrofit into stock housings.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I got my stockers ripped apart so im half way there. The retrofit source kits work good?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ahh yes, TRS kits are top notch. I'm running FX-Rs in mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.