Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a cobalt a few months ago.

I love cars and spend half my working hours fixing them. I got the cobalt cause I needed something a little newer and it's the first car I've ever financed. What really got me into loving cars was my first car.

a 1994 Ford Probe SE, it was a 5 spd and slow, but it needed a lot of work when I got it so I learned a lot from it. Then I got a 1994 Probe GT, with a 2.5 v6 it was just quick enough to satisfy my need for an adrenaline rush.

so here are my two probes.

the blue one is a 1994 Probe GT. I did all the work on it start to finish.

the green one is a 1997 GTS, I did everything except the motor swap boosting it up from 167 chp to 203 chp.

Everything means, maintenance, k-sports, and repainted it, the wheels and stripes are factory options.

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
My best friend's first car was a '94 Probe. That's the first vehicle I drove with a stick - very fun car.

Unfortunately he had a little too much confidence in it's handling abilities - and ran it into a wall on an offramp at about 70.

He bought the car for $500, hardly ever had problems, and ran like a champ.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Those were good little cars, as long as they had the manual transmission, a Probe is one of the options for my daughters first car. I had a neighbor who had a few of them and they liked all of theirs, except for the one that was an auto, always at the transmission shop. But good little cars.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
I always loved the car...just hated the name!

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
A friend of mine hit a cow with his, and wrote a very humorous article about the incident.

It was titled "How to Probe a cow"

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The thing people hate on is mainly the name.

I actually raced a Cobalt SS/TC with my green one a few months ago, he had me by about two cars from 50 to 130 ish and then again going up hill we were dead even.

·
Registered
931 Posts
my sister had a 96 V6 5 speed she loved it... good luck

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I used to like them, lately I see around 2 a day. The last 2 times I took my Balt out I had a probe start with me, one was a black GT and beat up and the other GT was in alright shape. Though when they are in the rearview mirror its hard to get a good look at 'em lol. I looked to get one back in like 02 or something, it was gold but had the manual trans. Just never went back to look at it though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
That blue probe looks ****ing hawt! And it does remind me of an rx-7 a bit also. :eek:h:
haha thanks. prolly cause of the wheels. lol
I ninjad those on the Rx-7 forum.
A ton of the guys on the probe forum have rx-7 wheels, but even the guys on
the rx-7 forum will jump at the factory chrome ones.

Oh I will be the first to admit that the probe was an epic fail. For two primary reasons, looks and performance are neither of them.

1. they marketed it to replace the mustang

2. they named it the probe.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, the other thing about owning two probes... my 4th vehicle comes in handy sometimes.
Truck

Winch

Stinger FTMFW

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.