Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Chevy Cobalt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I hope you all can be of assistance.
The car (2007 Cobalt) went in for repair of rusty fuel lines about a month ago. A week ago we started smelling gas and noticing a leak. The shop would not help without paying a hefty price to drop the fuel tank, go figure. I cut our losses and dropped the gas tank myself today and found this broken part (pictures attached). Can anyone identify what this hose does and/ or a possible repair? It appears to be a vent/emissions hose that joins the two halves of the tank. The pieces are molded into the tank assembly, and connects to one of the lines that goes to the evap canister. The broken end of the barb was connected to the hose with a piece of rubber hose and 2 hose clamps and clearly shows residue from the leak all down the tank.
Is there any way to repair this short of replacing the whole tank? I was considering replacing with a threaded brass barb, if this is viable.
Thanks for any help or ID that can be provided!
-Pat
Art Gas Font Automotive lighting Graffiti
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Fender Rim

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would just replace it than chance it coming apart after it is reinstalled. I believe but not positive that those lines are under some sort of pressure

1 - 2 of 2 Posts