Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share with you guys :) I painted my trim center stack and it looked dull (like it was obvious I sprayed it haha:notrust:), so anyways, I bought some clear automotive clear coat, wet sand and cut polish and took my rotary buffer to it :amazed:. Never buffed plastics before on such an odd shape but I think it turned out Great, :) whatcha'all think? :)

aaannnddd in the car

comments and constructive crit. is much appreciated, never buffed spray paint before lmao :thanks :)

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i like shiny toys!! Yea it does look nice man.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Debatable!! To each their own of course!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Loove the buff job.. and the carbon fiber. Deff want to do this. Not sure about your door overlays. Too poofy. I wanna wrap mine in leather someday

·
Registered
803 Posts
schmexy. i like it alot

i use Meguiars wipes on mine to keep them always shining

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
62 Posts
That looks pretty good. I am thinking of possibly painting some of the interior trim to match the exterior paint. It's scratched and chipped up, and generally cheap-looking lol. What you did came out looking rather nice, might I ask what type of paint you used?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks all :) I used just a can of black rustoleum gloss paint and primer then some duplicolour wheel clean coat that I had lying around(was sort of a boredom project haha!).. ...we tried to buff my friends trim, he used "krylon fusion plasic paint"(said no priming required) and same brand clear coat. and it chipped off.

Had been on his trim for 2 weeks, later we re did his trim but primed it with some rustoleum primer and it came out great!.. so I dunno, I guess I'd advise to prime it first lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.