Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My other car is a 1996 Buick Park Ave with all the options. It is not bad on gas for a 3800 series. But so it does not ping and get good milage it need to run on Midgrade or premium. It will get 32 Mpg if I use Premium with 4 adults and I keep it under 80. Not bad for a car with 164000 miles on it though. If I use midgrade MPG goes down to 24-26 Highway.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Those are some pretty impressive numbers for a car that size. Is it still on the stock motor and tranny? GM motors are pretty solid but I know a couple people that had to get a transmission overhaul around 125-175k miles. Nothing huge, maybe the most expensive was $1,400 but it's still a lot of money for most people.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is stock. It has been well taken care of. It was owned by an elderly couple for the first 4 years then we have had it. Put alot oh Highway miles on it back and forth to Ohio from NJ and NJ back and forth to VA. Frequent oil changed 3-4000 miles always used quality oil name brand. Put quality wires and plugs on it good air filter. Keep the RPMs lowest at cruising speed. Found the sweet spot at about 2000 rpms at 70-75 mph. Techron once a year on one of my many trips to see the grand parents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.